Sunday, July 24, 2011

New Beginnings

Well it's been a while, but i'm back!!! A lot has been going on in this crazy thing called my life. Today during church I was moved by the words we sang in the hymn 'come come ye saints' "why should we mourn or think our lot is hard tis not so all is right." This morning when I was talking with my mom about the pioneers and how they did an amazing job at what they did and I know I'd never be able to do all that they did. She then reminded me of how I basically lived like one while in the Dominican Republic during my mission. But I survived and loved it and also found it to be very easy. My family still finds it hard to believe that I would kill about 7 cockroaches a day, I would go 3 weeks without water and have to do bucket showers, that I would go up to 12 days without electricity and could live in darkness, my favorite days was when it would rain and I would have to walk home in water up to mt thighs! It was my mission and it was quite an adventure!!
So my blog is new! I have decided to start fresh because I am starting fresh in life. In a devotional I watched in the MTC, Elder Holland said that as missionaries from the time we were born till the day we entered the MTC was he first chapter of our lives. Then from the time we entered the MTC and on is he chapter of our lives we will continue to live even into the eternities. That I believe. I am a different person than who I was before June 2nd, 2010 when o entered tue MTC. My mission was the most amazing 8 months and also some of the hardest 8 months of my life. Having been sent home due to a lung infection called pertussis and not being able to complete my mission still brings tears to my eyes every night as I lay down to sleep. There are moments when a memory of the something that was said to me or a memory of a companion hitting me or the fact that I couldn't breath still takes my breath away and I feel a little glimpse of gratitude that I am home. One thing I have come to learn once again in my life is that the Lord is in control. He loves me and is guiding me on my path. I will be forever grateful to have gone on my mission so that I could meet the people I met. Whether it be companions, dominicans, elders, teachers, members, etc. I loved everyone I came in contact with.  I learned more about myself when I would see myself through these people's eyes. I am grateful for every trial I have been through in the last 13 months to get me to where I am today. I love life. I love the surprises that are just around the corner, and I am excited to start fresh!! Happy pioneers day everybody and may we all remember that our trials really aren't that hard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment